Definición de porridge en inglés:
1chiefly British A dish consisting of oatmeal or another meal or cereal boiled in water or milk.
- Among the dishes made from barley, barley porridge is more delicate than oatmeal porridge, to the point of being rather insipid.
- For breakfast I'll have porridge with soya milk and fruit, sprinkled with some ground cinnamon.
- A restaurant serving dishes including snail porridge and smoked bacon and egg ice cream has been named the second best in the world.
2British informal Time spent in prison: I’m sweating it out doing porridge
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- As if his novels weren't enough, he went on to publish his very own prison diary after doing porridge in London's Belmarsh jail.
- The Home Office has rejected plans to give lags access to the internet and email while doing porridge.
- Try as one might, it is hard to think of another jailbird who was allowed to publish a book while still doing porridge.
mid 16th century (denoting soup thickened with barley): alteration of pottage. Sense 2 dates from the 1950s.
- Example sentences
- The fear of running into one of these Cumbrian ale aficionados, supping on mysterious-smelling brews of porridgy so-called real ale amid background tones of chronic bronchitis, keeps many people away.
- And here they are, a connoisseur's collection of porridgy soundalike slowies that refute the idea that the Irish have a gift for ballads.
- He was back within five minutes with a bowl of strange porridgy looking stuff in a wooded bowl with a wooden spoon.
Definición de porridge en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary