- The upside here is that the 300 is the right weight for your youngsters, and it's also pleasingly light for a long back-country hike or lengthy canoe portage.
- I won't bore you with details of our portage of the canoe back to the hire centre, excuses to the owners for our bedraggled state, or the hours spent warming up in the shower afterwards, but I will bore you with a little observation.
- At each portage, then, they're carrying maybe 250 pounds, and before they reach the end of the race they will have done maybe 25 such portages.
- With bodily force and strategic cajoling - namely, the false promise of a rest just a few portages away - I managed to coax her back into the boat.
- At the start of the 19th century, Quetico was the busiest region of interior North America and in the peace of morning, if one pauses to listen, the ghosts of the old fur traders can still be heard stalking the portages.
- Follow the well-marked, modest portages from Birch Lake to Carp Lake, and into Emerald.
- Without helicopter rescue, crews would have had to be self-reliant (as in the ‘old days’) through a combination of paddling and portaging boats through water and over the ice to reach land.
- Ethel seems quite happy portaging the canoe and testing the river's depths while her husband plays ‘backseat driver.’
- We landed upstream and portaged the heavy Fiberglass canoes past the group while they snorted, perhaps in amusement.
- The salmon fishing, black bear, moose, and caribou sightings, and frequent stops for scouting and portaging easily turn running the Main into a weeklong wilderness adventure.
- All told, we'd traversed some forty-eight miles, paddling and portaging.
- The best ones have a scuff-proof cover, fold up for portaging, and join two types of foam padding.
Late Middle English: from French, from porter 'carry'. The sense relating to carrying between navigable waters dates from the late 17th century.
Palabras que riman con portageshortage
Definición de portage en:
Entrada del diccionario de inglés estadounidense
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.