Definición de portly en inglés:
adjetivo (portlier, portliest)
1(Especially of a man) rather fat: a portly little man with a bowler hat
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In the back of the restaurant, a rather portly man with graying hair sat down before a piano and placed his stubby fingers upon its glossy white keys.
- He is a rather portly man with wavy, sand coloured hair and a farmer's style shirt.
- A portly man was already in there, looking rather casual and unshaven.
stout, plump, fat, overweight, heavy, corpulent, fleshy, paunchy, pot-bellied, beer-bellied, of ample build, ample, well upholstered, well padded, broad in the beam, rotund, roly-poly, round, rounded, stocky, bulky, Falstaffian
North American informal lard-assed, corn-fed
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- In June a House subcommittee held hearings on the Personal Responsibility in Food Consumption Act, which would prevent fat people from winning damages by blaming restaurants, food manufacturers, or retailers for their portliness.
- The gentleman had had a propensity to a degree of portliness of late, but his tummy visibly trimmed as the canvass progressed, and he admitted to be wearing slacks into which he hadn't fitted for years.
- Gone are the days when only the super-rich could afford to eat plenty, making portliness a sign of high social standing.
Palabras que riman con portlycourtly
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Malasia