Definición de portmanteau en inglés:
sustantivo (plural portmanteaus or portmanteaux pɔːtˈmantəʊz)
1A large travelling bag, typically made of stiff leather and opening into two equal parts.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Luggage labels are those elegant, postcardlike stickers that first adorned the portmanteaus of the well traveled back in the late 19th century.
- One they'd reached the carriage, the portmanteaux were tied in place, civil goodbyes were said between the royal family and the Davis girls, and the women stepped inside their carriage.
- Sancho Panza thinks they had better bring the two portmanteaus back to Ireland as quietly as possible.
1.1 [as modifier] Consisting of or combining two or more aspects or qualities: a portmanteau movie composed of excerpts from his most famous films
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- There is a conscious, even contrived lack of consequence to this Argentinian portmanteau movie using non-professionals, about three individuals making their vulnerable way across Patagonia.
- This portmanteau movie is a companion piece to the one that appeared here in September.
- Shot on digital video, this juxtaposes the lives of three women in a portmanteau movie which arguably goes about its business with less fuss than The Hours.
Mid 16th century: from French portemanteau, from porter 'carry' + manteau 'mantle'.
Palabras que riman con portmanteaucanto, Esperanto, manteau, panto
Definición de portmanteau en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Malasia
Muy popular en Pakistán