Definición de possum en inglés:
1A tree-dwelling Australasian marsupial that typically has a prehensile tail.
- It is what we, as carers of koalas, birds, possums, macropods (wallabies, kangaroos etc.) and other wildlife carers are trained to do.
- Maybe you would see koalas, wombats, echidnas, brush tail and ring tail possums and emus if you're lucky.
- In Tasmania we have such a huge amount of wildlife: brush tail possums, all sorts of animals that at a glimpse, at a distance in poor light or whatever, can appear to be a fox.
early 17th century: shortening of opossum.
- Today I did washing at home in my washing machine, on the off-chance that it'd just been playing possum, and lo and behold, it worked just fine.
- After a retrospective release the band finally relented after 28 years of playing possum.
- Isn't that playing possum stuff supposed to protect them?
stir the possum
- See stir1.
1Pretend to be asleep or unconscious (as an opossum does when threatened).
Definición de possum en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia