Definición de postulate en inglés:
Pronunciación: /ˈpɒstjʊleɪt/[with object]
1Suggest or assume the existence, fact, or truth of (something) as a basis for reasoning, discussion, or belief: his theory postulated a rotatory movement for hurricanes [with clause]: she postulated that the environmentalists might have a case
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- On this basis, we have postulated two scenarios for the future of energy.
- Another reason for postulating the existence of such superstructures is some evidence of anomalous membrane roughness suggested by studies of membrane adhesion.
- Considering all such factors, there seems no compelling reason to postulate the existence of a hitherto unknown creature in Lake Champlain.
Pronunciación: /ˈpɒstjʊlət/formal Volver al principio
1A thing suggested or assumed as true as the basis for reasoning, discussion, or belief: perhaps the postulate of Babylonian influence on Greek astronomy is incorrect
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- On Russell's view, the knowing involved in knowledge of the postulates is a kind of animal knowing, which arises as habitual beliefs from the experience of interaction with the world.
- The barium-flame-colour generalization is a deductive consequence of the postulates of atomic theory.
- Nevertheless, Kant accepted the traditional claims of theology, and even tried to resuscitate them under the obscure doctrine of the postulates of practical reason.
1.1 Mathematics An assumption used as a basis for mathematical reasoning.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The work of Bolyai and Lobachevsky are comparable in that sense, that they both challenge axiomatic assumptions, but their postulates are of Euclidean geometry.
- Since Euclid's axiomatic formulation of geometry mathematicians had been trying to prove his fifth postulate as a theorem deduced from the other four axioms.
- As we saw in Chapter 6, 2-4, the plan to identify each branch of mathematics with a single postulate system failed, at least when it comes to describing deductive mathematical practice.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- It is populated by overrated and overpaid staff who are only concerned with academic papers, postulations and theories, and attending conferences overseas on taxpayers' money.
- He spoke softly, instantly thwarting any preconceived postulations of his supposedly dictatorial temperament.
- Although there are millions of pages of material on the web, it's an uncharted frontier of rumour, speculation, wild theories and baseless postulation.
Palabras que riman con postulateexpostulate • ungulate
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda