Definición de postulate en inglés:
Pronunciación: /ˈpɒstjʊleɪt/[with object]
1Suggest or assume the existence, fact, or truth of (something) as a basis for reasoning, discussion, or belief: his theory postulated a rotatory movement for hurricanes [with clause]: she postulated that the environmentalists might have a case
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- On this basis, we have postulated two scenarios for the future of energy.
- Another reason for postulating the existence of such superstructures is some evidence of anomalous membrane roughness suggested by studies of membrane adhesion.
- Considering all such factors, there seems no compelling reason to postulate the existence of a hitherto unknown creature in Lake Champlain.
Pronunciación: /ˈpɒstjʊlət/formal Volver al principio
1A thing suggested or assumed as true as the basis for reasoning, discussion, or belief: perhaps the postulate of Babylonian influence on Greek astronomy is incorrect
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- On Russell's view, the knowing involved in knowledge of the postulates is a kind of animal knowing, which arises as habitual beliefs from the experience of interaction with the world.
- The barium-flame-colour generalization is a deductive consequence of the postulates of atomic theory.
- Nevertheless, Kant accepted the traditional claims of theology, and even tried to resuscitate them under the obscure doctrine of the postulates of practical reason.
1.1 Mathematics An assumption used as a basis for mathematical reasoning.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The work of Bolyai and Lobachevsky are comparable in that sense, that they both challenge axiomatic assumptions, but their postulates are of Euclidean geometry.
- Since Euclid's axiomatic formulation of geometry mathematicians had been trying to prove his fifth postulate as a theorem deduced from the other four axioms.
- As we saw in Chapter 6, 2-4, the plan to identify each branch of mathematics with a single postulate system failed, at least when it comes to describing deductive mathematical practice.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- It is populated by overrated and overpaid staff who are only concerned with academic papers, postulations and theories, and attending conferences overseas on taxpayers' money.
- He spoke softly, instantly thwarting any preconceived postulations of his supposedly dictatorial temperament.
- Although there are millions of pages of material on the web, it's an uncharted frontier of rumour, speculation, wild theories and baseless postulation.
Palabras que riman con postulateexpostulate • ungulate
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Canadá
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en España
Muy popular en Malasia
Muy popular en India
Muy popular en Pakistán