- (Of a speech sound) occurring immediately after a vowel.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- With the exception of the Southern states, eastern New England, and New York City, pronunciation is rhotic, postvocalic /r/ being pronounced in such words as part, four, motor.
- Like many features investigated by sociolinguists, the pronunciation of postvocalic /r/ shows a geographically as well as socially significant distribution.
- The traditional account was that loss of postvocalic /r/ in England was a 17th and 18th century phenomenon.
Más definiciones de postvocalicDefinición de postvocalic en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.