A piece of meat cooked slowly in a covered dish.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The range of recipes for cooking it includes a pot roast, barbecued beaver, baked, fried, stewed, fricasséed, or in a meat loaf or pie.
- That's nothing compared to the time she burned down the kitchen trying to cook a pot roast.
- I think I had a pot roast cooking on low this morning.
(pot-roast) [with object] Cook (a piece of meat) slowly in a covered dish: I had chicken pot-roasted in a case of sea salt
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The second portion talks about cooking techniques - pot-roasting, grilling, souffles and soup.
- I decided not to have it on the basis that pot-roasted meat always looks grey and unappetising and reminds me of my paternal grandmother's cooking.
- I have been looking for ways of using more of this milder, more subtle, aromatic flavour, so here is a recipe for a Provençale dish of whole chicken pot-roasted with 40 cloves of garlic.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: pot roast
Definición de pot roast en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda