sustantivo[mass noun] chiefly Irish
- Alcohol made illicitly, typically from potatoes.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- For more than a wee while, we discussed the potato and poteen, that wickedly potent brew that has been known to kick-start a reluctant cow into labour.
- The distiller recommends only drinking the 180 proof poteen with mixers.
- There in the shebeen they sold poteen and punch while in the pubs, beer and spirits were available.
early 19th century: from Irish (fuisce) poitín 'little pot (of whiskey)', diminutive of pota 'pot'.
Más definiciones de poteenDefinición de poteen en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.