sustantivo (plural potjies)South African
1A cast-iron pot with a lid, typically having three legs, for use over an open fire.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- A bonfire is burning, and potjies (African cooking pots) on white-hot rocks are bubbling with ostrich and seafood dishes.
- The weather was fine, tables laden and potjies bubbling merrily away.
- The black pot on the table is called a potjie, and is used to make stew on the fire.
1.1 (also potjiekos) [mass noun] A stew cooked in a potjie: the seafood potjie was a winner
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Then it was only right that he joined us for lunch, a delicious potjiekos, if I say so myself, which he particularly enjoyed.
- I simply cannot image an egg potjie, so let's stick to chicken.
- Actually, I find cider quite a pleasant drink, so I cannot see why one cannot have another bottle or two around, just in case the potjie needs it.
Afrikaans, literally 'little pot'.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: pot¦jie
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda