Definición de potjie en inglés:
sustantivo (plural potjies)South African
1A cast-iron pot with a lid, typically having three legs, for use over an open fire.
- A bonfire is burning, and potjies (African cooking pots) on white-hot rocks are bubbling with ostrich and seafood dishes.
- The weather was fine, tables laden and potjies bubbling merrily away.
- The black pot on the table is called a potjie, and is used to make stew on the fire.
1.1 (also potjiekos) [mass noun] A stew cooked in a potjie: the seafood potjie was a winner
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Then it was only right that he joined us for lunch, a delicious potjiekos, if I say so myself, which he particularly enjoyed.
- I simply cannot image an egg potjie, so let's stick to chicken.
- Actually, I find cider quite a pleasant drink, so I cannot see why one cannot have another bottle or two around, just in case the potjie needs it.
Afrikaans, literally 'little pot'.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia