Definición de potpourri en inglés:
sustantivo (plural potpourris)[mass noun]
1A mixture of dried petals and spices placed in a bowl to perfume a room.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- From room deodorizers and potpourri to non-organic breakfasts and sheets that reek of bleach, the typical overnight stay can seem so toxic you'd almost rather stay home.
- Secondly, the waiting room smelled of fresh potpourri, not disinfectant spray.
- To his relief, he found on opening the box that it was just a bowl for holding potpourri.
1.1A mixture or medley of things: he played a potpourri of tunes from Gilbert and Sullivan
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Programmes ceased to be potpourris: the orchestral concert, with two halves each about an hour long, became the norm everywhere during the third quarter of the 19th century.
- It is likely that the success of that ballet encouraged other ballet companies to stage their own ballets based on Offenbach potpourris.
- The guitarist duo unveiled a potpourri of music blending it with African and Latin influences.
mixture, assortment, collection, selection, assemblage, medley, miscellany, melange, mix, variety, motley collection, mixed bag, patchwork, pastiche, blend;
Early 17th century (denoting a stew made of different kinds of meat): from French, literally 'rotten pot'.
Palabras que riman con potpourriHurri
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda