(North American putter)
1Occupy oneself in a desultory but pleasant way: I’m quite happy just to potter about by myself here
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- He had more confidence to get about and could do a lot more - it allowed him to potter about in the house, in the garden and the greenhouse.
- He is ‘not really into’ nightclubs and is looking for a quiet house ‘with a nice garden, somewhere to potter about like the old boy I am’.
- The employees manning these centres are trained to remain unobtrusive and encourage the visitors to potter about, handling the products on display.
1.1 [with adverbial of direction] Move or go in a casual, unhurried way: I might potter into Nice for the day
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- She stood up once the van puttered away and walked back inside.
- Here he comes, puttering up in his little soapbox derby car with its duck horn.
- My parents, as they potter through Camberwell and snooty suburbs walking their dog, chat away with locals and the subject often comes up.
sustantivo[in singular] Volver al principio
Mid 16th century (in the sense 'poke repeatedly'): frequentative of dialect pote 'to push, kick, or poke' of unknown origin.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- He doesn't go far, a bit of a potterer if you like.
- I have no chance of getting an allotment, but I'm more of a potterer than a digger, so that doesn't bother me.
- I've never been much of a potterer but I've done some amount of pottering about over the last few days!
Palabras que riman con potterblotter, cotta, cottar, dotter, gotta, hotter, jotter, knotter, otter, pelota, plotter, ricotta, rotter, spotter, squatter, terracotta, totter, trotter
A person who makes ceramic ware.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Following Meissen and Sèvres products, British potters began to use china clay or kaolin, when in 1768 William Cookworthy, a Plymouth chemist, proved the potential of the kaolin reserves of Cornwall.
- It has been my experience, in the art-show world, at least, that the word ‘clay,’ when used to describe this polymer material, has offended and angered many potters and ceramicists.
- In rural areas Hindus perform much of the traditional craft production of items for everyday life; caste groups include weavers, potters, iron and gold smiths, and carpenters.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Malasia
Muy popular en Pakistán