sustantivo (plural potties)
- A bowl used by small children as a toilet.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The little potty has a little bowl that slides out so that you can easily dump it in the toilet and flush away your problems.
- Leave a light on, or plug a night-light in so it's easy for them to get to the toilet during the night, or put a potty in the bedroom (with an old towel underneath it).
- They were so excited about it, they sent out a three-page press release with the history of the unfortunate drinking vessel, claiming it may once have doubled as a potty.
adjetivo (pottier, pottiest)• informal , chiefly British
- 1Mad; crazy: he’s driving me pottyMás ejemplos en oraciones
mad, insane, out of one's mind, deranged, demented, not in one's right mindinfatuated with, very keen on, devoted to, in love with, smitten with, enamoured of, addicted to; enthusiastic about, passionate about
- He was a bit of a potty professor, but he had some brilliant ideas.
- At the risk of sounding like a potty lifestyle guru, we need a more holistic approach to teenagers.
- With such a ludicrous and potty law sailing through the European Parliament, it's more than ironic that such moves have been supported by politicians from the UK.
- 1.1 [predic.] Extremely enthusiastic about or fond of someone or something: she’s potty about youMás ejemplos en oraciones
- He has been potty about planes for as long as his parents can remember and continues to reach new levels in his love of all things flying.
- She's also a qualified trampoline coach, a former bank manager - and she's potty about country music!
- She's potty about her work with pets and longs to fill her home with four-legged friends.
- 2 [attributive] Insignificant or feeble: a potty little placeMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Why couldn't be have gotten that potty little man we usually had as a substitute?
- But you've still got to climb a lot of stairs or go into a potty little lift and find your way around.
- It must have something enormously significant living, but we have reduced it to such a potty little affair
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The real reason, I think, behind his pottiness was that it helped him cope better with the demands and pressures of high-level sport.
- The essential pottiness of it all becomes more obvious when you consider what it is you're getting when you get a passport or an ID card, and the extent to which they differ.
mid 19th century: of unknown origin.