- 1Power to select the holder of a particular job or position.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- There is a balancing of local and national interests that must be served here, and the very least we might expect is for the Minister to give some power of appointment of at least a minority of the positions to local government in the region.
- It is true that deans and professors are mentioned as the first objects of the power of appointment conferred by that section; but we attach no importance to that circumstance.
- The power of appointment and dismissal stands entirely independently of the conditions of employment which are comprised in the contract.
- 2 Law Power to decide the disposal of property, in exercise of a right conferred by the owner.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- There was an ‘exercise of a power of appointment under a settlement’ and they did two things: one, they gave some assets to a person absolutely and there was no issue that that created a capital gains tax problem.
- In the disposal of the property for the benefit of each child the respondent wife has been given a voice both as trustee and under a power of appointment, even though it is the husband who provides all the money…
- A general power of appointment permits the trustees to appoint in favour of anyone they choose (including the settlor).
Más definiciones de power of appointmentDefinición de power of appointment en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.