adjetivo[often with infinitive]
Without ability, influence, or power: troops were powerless to stop last night’s shooting
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- These could be extremely damaging to local economies, which felt powerless to influence them.
- I had my every move recorded and felt powerless to stop the intimidation.
- They probably want to force their own ideas on a general public that is deemed powerless to stop them.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- It's a tragedy for the families involved, and my heart goes out to them as they come to terms with what they saw as they waited for their loved ones at the landing site and watched powerlessly as the events unfolded.
- When paramedics finally took the woman away, he fretted powerlessly.
- Do we have to watch powerlessly as this vandalism takes place?
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda