Definición de powwow en inglés:
1A North American Indian ceremony involving feasting and dancing.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- I became obsessed and took part in sweat lodge ceremonies, pipe ceremonies, powwows and other Aboriginal spiritual events.
- With a special pullout calendar of events, it encourages visitors to spend their tourist dollars by attending ethnic festivals or powwows, to feast on authentic cuisine and purchase artifacts from ethnic vendors.
- That year, there was a national powwow with dances and ceremonies.
2A conference or meeting for discussion, especially among friends or colleagues.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Due to the divergent stances of the member nations, the annual powwow had difficulty reaching consensus on major international security issues and resolving economic problems.
- After the crew ties the boats off to the right-hand bank and scouts the rapid, the two put their heads together for a powwow.
- One minute, he's in a strategic powwow with top executives, in the next, he's peppered with questions from financial news reporters.
verbo[no object] informal Volver al principio
Hold a powwow; confer: news squads powwowed nervously
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- He will be powwowing with Fortune 500 executives, foreign leaders, and banking magnates, too.
- They hung around one night after the shelter closed and powwowed about ‘the three most pressing topics we wanted to raise at the staff meeting,’ she says.
- In a meeting of altruistic minds at Stanford University last spring, 80 members of the tourism, academic, and NGO worlds powwowed on the subject of global giving.
Early 17th century: from Narragansett powah, powwaw 'magician' (literally 'he dreams').
Palabras que riman con powwowbow-wow
Definición de powwow en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Malasia
Muy popular en India
Muy popular en Pakistán