- Kelly was keen to improve her breathing and practised her exercises diligently.
- Most importantly, learners must have the opportunity to develop and practise skills that directly improve self directed learning.
- For many, driving off road will be a new experience and, if it's to be a regular activity, driving courses are available to practise the required skills.
- The event, and its proceeds, is meant to help farmers who practise traditional farming methods.
- The custom was practised locally but not recognised by the company but some of the apprentices said they had been unaware of this.
- It is a custom practised by thousands of people from various parts of South Africa and reflects their heritage and their pride in who they are.
- He was granted a ticket-of-leave soon after he arrived and began practising his former profession.
- He saw ‘no reason why his illness should prevent him from practising his profession.’
- The centre now has nearly 300 members, all of whom are nurses who are not practising their profession.
- For about a half century of Sikh rule, the Sikhs practised their religion and looked after their sacred places with devotion and dignity.
- In other words Christians and Jews were free to practise their religions so long as they did not do so publicly.
- Muslims should, of course, be free to practise their religion here, just as those of other religions, or none at all, must be free to attack, deride, score or make jokes about all religions.
- As the poet once penned: ‘What a tangled web we weave when at first we practice to deceive.’
- Oh what a tangled web we weave, When first we practise to deceive.
- ‘O what a tangled web we weave, when first we practise to deceive’.
late Middle English: from Old French practiser or medieval Latin practizare, alteration of practicare 'perform, carry out', from practica 'practice', from Greek praktikē, feminine (used as a noun), of praktikos (see practical).
On the difference between practise and practice, see practice (usage).
practise what one preaches
- Do what one advises others to do.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Please practise what you preach or we will give you the boot!
- If you are going to stand around and preach your morals to everyone, try practicing what you preach.
- I guess there is one thing in being a critic, and a whole new ballgame when it come to practicing what you preach.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- I've heard it said that he has been one of the most manic practisers of free-kicks ever seen.
- Sooner or later they will come when you are a solid practiser.
- She, he told me, was a root woman, a juju woman, a practiser of Voodoo.