Talk foolishly or at tedious length about something: I sat in my pew and heard him prate on for at least an hour and a half
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Our culture is riven with ambiguity; we prate of our history but erase anything inconvenient from our collective hard-drive.
- As late as December, 1997 he was prating to MPs about the need for water in Scotland ‘to remain unambiguously in public ownership and to be clearly democratically accountable’.
- How we dare even prate about democracy is beyond me.
pratersustantivo ( rare)
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Your mother most certainly did not want you in contact with that prissy prater!
- But if the bawler - I made a slip, I meant to say prater - as they so often do, begins some old wives' tale, everybody awakens, straightens up, and gapes for it.
Palabras que riman con prateabate, ablate, aerate, ait, await, backdate, bait, bate, berate, castrate, collate, conflate, crate, create, cremate, date, deflate, dictate, dilate, distraite, donate, downstate, eight, elate, equate, estate, fate, fête, fixate, freight, frustrate, gait, gate, gestate, gradate, grate, great, gyrate, hate, hydrate, inflate, innate, interrelate, interstate, irate, Kate, Kuwait, lactate, late, locate, lustrate, mandate, mate, migrate, misdate, misstate, mistranslate, mutate, narrate, negate, notate, orate, ornate, Pate, placate, plate, prorate, prostrate, pulsate, pupate, quadrate, rate, rotate, sate, sedate, serrate, short weight, skate, slate, spate, spectate, spruit, stagnate, state, straight, strait, Tate, tête-à-tête, Thwaite, translate, translocate, transmigrate, truncate, underrate, understate, underweight, update, uprate, upstate, up-to-date, vacate, vibrate, wait, weight
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: prate
Definición de prate en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda