Talk foolishly or at tedious length about something: I sat in my pew and heard him prate on for at least an hour and a half
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Our culture is riven with ambiguity; we prate of our history but erase anything inconvenient from our collective hard-drive.
- As late as December, 1997 he was prating to MPs about the need for water in Scotland ‘to remain unambiguously in public ownership and to be clearly democratically accountable’.
- How we dare even prate about democracy is beyond me.
prater sustantivo ( rare )
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Your mother most certainly did not want you in contact with that prissy prater!
- But if the bawler - I made a slip, I meant to say prater - as they so often do, begins some old wives' tale, everybody awakens, straightens up, and gapes for it.
Definición de prate en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.