- 1Address a prayer to God or another deity: the whole family are praying for MichaelMás ejemplos en oraciones
- People pray to these deities because they have an adoration for the deity and have a feeling of awe about it.
- So my advice is: pray more, sin less and live the life that God is calling you to live.
- We can discharge this obligation by simply praying for him as we pray for our dear ones and our own very selves.
- 1.1Wish or hope strongly for a particular outcome or situation: after several days of rain, we were praying for sun [with clause]: I prayed that James wouldn’t noticeMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Meg watched as twenty girls held their breaths, hoping and praying for their name to be called.
- I consumed a truly scrumptious chilliburger and hoped, no prayed, that there would be a toilet or pub on the route.
- It was one of those situations when you prayed that everything would be alright but feared what could happen.
adverbio• formal or • archaic Volver al principio
Middle English (in the sense 'ask earnestly'): from Old French preier, from late Latin precare, alteration of Latin precari 'entreat'.