- He is said to have delivered 18,000 sermons, preaching 40-60 hours a week.
- The newly re-born legend soon featured as the centrepiece of a series of patriotic sermons preached in parish churches across England.
- But let's say that the book is a collection of sermons preached at that church.
- Because of this ministry, ministers across the nation can preach the Christian message to a culture that has been taught that the Bible cannot be trusted.
- Sikhism preaches a message of devotion and remembrance of God at all times, truthful living, equality of mankind, social justice and denounces superstitions and blind rituals.
- So Peter was the first to preach a message unto Gentile believers.
- We run a business, not a re-education camp, so we don't preach the co-operative gospel to people.
- For as long as I've known you, you've always preached the virtue of consistency.
- They also preach tolerance of others with different beliefs.
- He viewed him then as ‘the stereotype of a head waiter’ who preached at them ‘like a division chaplain in the army’.
- Many of the kids will eventually rebel against all the stuff preached at them, however.
- I have never ever preached at them, but I have given them my opinion where they have asked for it.
preach to the converted
- Advocate something to people who already share one’s convictions about its merits or importance.Oraciones de ejemplo
- I guess we're sort of preaching to the converted already.
- Tell any mother who is either working or wants to get back into paid work after having a child that it is difficult finding affordable childcare, and you are already preaching to the converted.
- Spoken word records covering social and political issues can be a bit of a dicey situation since they usually don't hold up past the first listen and they hardly sell because they're already preaching to the converted.
Middle English: from Old French prechier, from Latin praedicare 'proclaim', in ecclesiastical Latin 'preach', from prae 'before' + dicare 'declare'.
Palabras que riman con preachbeach, beech, beseech, bleach, breach, breech, each, impeach, leach, leech, outreach, peach, pleach, reach, screech, speech, teach
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: preach
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.