- Many follow the island's 1,365 miles of irrigation channels, called levadas, stretches of which run along steep slopes with precipitous drops to one side.
- The monks' view from their cell windows was heart-stopping: a sheer drop down the precipitous wooded ravine sides to the valley floor 1,000 ft. below.
- The topography of the actual route with its monuments and trails, its rivers and bridges, its steep hills and precipitous valleys, is meticulously represented.
- Sugar feeds the brain, and fluctuations in the level of this fuel can lead to precipitous changes in a child's mood.
- The precipitous decrease in size and numbers of American alligators taken for trade reflected a species in decline.
- Since the 1960s we have witnessed a precipitous increase in the number of marriages ending in divorce.
- If our foreign policies are rash, precipitous and not objectively thought out they will harm us domestically.
- A recognition of this epistemological complexity is itself sufficient to compel the thoughtful interpreter to avoid precipitous decisions.
- His speech highlighted the growing threat that his administration will launch a new, precipitous military adventure in the near future.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Whilst welcoming their work, he also indicated his awareness of the precipitousness of literary fame: ‘Now let the book stand on the appointed library shelf in the long, long silence’.
Mid 17th century: from obsolete French précipiteux, from Latin praeceps, praecip(it)- 'steep, headlong' (see precipitate).
Palabras que riman con precipitousserendipitous
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: pre¦cipi|tous
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.