Definición de predicable en inglés:
That may be predicated or affirmed.
- This is a way of quantifying how predicable the next word is.
- S responds well to consistency and enjoys the predicable sequence of Jewish days, festivals and diary dates.
- The postulate is that there exist classes which are determinate and therefore predicable.
sustantivoVolver al principio
1A thing that is predicable.
- Enquiry into universals (and therefore into the five predicables studied in the Isagoge) should therefore be abandoned.
- In the ancient proposition of the schoolroom, ‘Socrates is mortal,’ the class of mortal beings is invoked as a predicable.
1.1 (usually predicables) (In Aristotelian logic) each of the classes to which predicates belong, usually listed as genus, species, difference, property, and accident.
- Later commentators listed these four and the differentia as the five predicables, and as such they were of great importance to late ancient and to medieval philosophy.
- He does so by reminding us that ‘when we are attempting to discover whether something is the same as something which possessed some property at an earlier time, we need predicables of reidentification’.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan