Definición de predominant en inglés:
- The three predominant colours of this film are black, white and green.
- The color you choose will be determined by the predominant color of the room.
- Green is the predominant color achieved naturally by using low quality sand with high iron content.
- In 1914, France was one of Europe's leading powers but not the predominant force that it had been in Napoleon's day.
- Superiority and power are predominant themes in the perioperative environment.
- As Britain knows, all predominant power seems for a time invincible, but in fact it is transient.
danger from Middle English:
From the early Middle Ages into the 19th century danger meant ‘jurisdiction, power’, originally ‘the power of a lord and master, power to harm’. This reflects its origin in Latin dominus ‘lord’, the root of which also gave us dame, predominant (mid 16th century), and dungeon. In the later Middle Ages danger developed its main modern sense.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.