- Promotion or appointment to a position or office: after ordination, preferment was fast [count noun]: most of her ministers owed their first preferment to herMás ejemplos en oraciones
- This is why the insiders' network is so strong - its members look after each other with appointments and preferment.
- The appointment was the officer's last posting, offering no prospect of promotion or preferment thereafter.
- In the race for wealth, honours and preferment [a man] may run as hard as he can and strain every nerve and muscle in order to outstrip all of his competitors.
Más definiciones de prefermentDefinición de preferment en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.