- 1 Anatomy In or relating to the foremost part of the frontal lobe of the brain: the prefrontal cortexMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Six months later, the researchers found, the subjects who showed the most activity in the brain's right prefrontal cortex also had the lowest antibodies.
- The scientists found that an area of the brain called the ventrolateral prefrontal cortex, located near our temples, processes spatial information - information related to movements that we are about to make.
- The scans also showed decreased activation of the ventrolateral prefrontal cortex - the brain's ‘superego,’ which keeps people from acting impulsively.
- 2 Zoology Relating to or denoting a bone in front of the eye socket in some lower vertebrates (equivalent to part of the human ethmoid bone).Más ejemplos en oraciones
- At least three pairs of horns are present on this animal, one on each premaxilla, prefrontal, and angular bones of the skull.
sustantivoZoology Volver al principio
- A prefrontal bone.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Viewed dorsally, this ridge is most of the prefrontals ' contribution to the skull roof.
- This is also true for the prefrontal of Phosphatosaurus, based on the reconstruction published by Buffetaut.
Más definiciones de prefrontalDefinición de prefrontal en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.