- There are several very important reasons for this preliminary arm action.
- The news comes as the inquiry prepares to hold two preliminary meetings in York next month to discuss the format and conduct of the hearings.
- The company has agreed to prepare preliminary proposals based on feedback received at the workshop and exhibition.
sustantivo (plural preliminaries)
- After the written preliminary, the six teams which qualified appeared on stage for the finals.
- He had no sooner set about the preliminaries - the getting of suitable marble for his work - than he began to quarrel with the men who were to hew it.
- This long march requires many small steps and wide-ranging preliminaries in confidence rebuilding.
- The preliminaries were polite, but from the outset it was clear that both men were in Braehead to put on a show.
- To return to your Honour the Chief Justice, the idea is that these preliminaries to business will be completed.
- When two minds are focused on a problem, and look at the problem with similar prejudices of what is correct and what is not, conversations need no preliminaries.
- Mbazima and Mwansa qualified to the finals after emerging first in a round-robin format during preliminaries of the three day tournament.
- He was signed by Efes Istanbul in Turkey and had a terrific showing in leading underdog Latvia out of the preliminaries of the European Championships.
- The tournament saw some 32 teams competing in the preliminaries.
- Preparatory to; in advance of.Oraciones de ejemplo
in preparation for, before, in advance of, prior to, ahead of, preparatory to
- The archaeological excavation is a necessary preliminary to that work, and pipe laying cannot take place until the archaeology has been completed.
- More dramatically, we looked over the house that ‘Venice in Peril’ have had surveyed as a preliminary to the city repairing it and dividing it up.
- The Miss Universe Zambia is the official preliminary to the Miss Universe pageant held every year.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- According to the preliminarily announced criteria, the proposed cash contribution will be most important as it brings a maximum of 80 points.
- The Inspector said that police investigators have preliminarily concluded that the robbery was perpetrated by professionals.
- The City Council preliminarily approved the agreement Wednesday and will take a final vote Monday.
Mid 17th century: from modern Latin praeliminaris or French préliminaire, from Latin prae 'before' + limen, limin- 'threshold'.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: pre|lim¦in|ary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.