- 1 [mass noun] The action or process of preparing or being prepared for use or consideration: the preparation of a draft contract the project is in preparationMás ejemplos en oraciones
devising, putting together, thinking up, drawing up, construction, composing, composition, editing, fashioning, concocting, production, getting ready, making ready, arrangement, development, assembling, assemblyinstruction, teaching, education, coaching, training, tutoring, pedagogy, andragogy, inculcation, grooming, disciplining, drilling, priming, briefing, guiding, direction
- We had meetings with all political parties before the general election and will continue this process in preparation for the next general election.
- A tangled mess of instruments often takes an inordinate amount of time to sort out in preparation for processing.
- One or two subject-matter experts, within the company, would continue the leader training process in preparation for upcoming cycles.
- 1.1 [count noun] (usually preparations) Something done to get ready for an event or undertaking: she continued her preparations for the partyMás ejemplos en oraciones
- At the moment, the site is tracking preparations for the event and reflecting opinion from across the political spectrum.
- The event is now one of the premier golfing tournaments in the country and as usual the County Sligo Golf Club is making final preparations for the event.
- Critics at the discussion pointed to the preparations for the annual event, which they said lacked concept and were often poorly executed.
- 2A substance that is specially made up, especially a medicine or food: there are several effective preparations you can buy over the counterMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Food preparations based on fruits and vegetables are completely exempt from excise duty.
- It is also time to delve into the efficacy of traditional foods and medicinal preparations for which India is known.
- Chicken stew, beef curry and vegetarian preparations are served while hot.
- 2.1A specimen that has been prepared for scientific or medical examination: a microscope preparationMás ejemplos en oraciones
- On examination under light and scanning electron microscopes the wall preparations were essentially free of cytoplasmic contamination.
- Microscope preparations and photographs are stored at the Jodrell Laboratory, RBG, Kew.
- Most studies in literature have been conducted on lipid films formed and manipulated before introducing the preparation into the microscope.
- 4British • dated fuller form of prep2 ( sense 1).
late Middle English: via Old French from Latin praeparatio(n-), from praeparare 'make ready before' (see prepare).