(also preppie) informal, chiefly US
sustantivo (plural preppies)
A pupil or graduate of an expensive prep school, or a person resembling such a pupil in dress or appearance.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- That's an expensive private school for preppies, right?
- I'm guessing that you don't know anyone yet, and the preppies won't be befriending you anytime soon, so why don't you sit at my table at lunch.
- Timothy always seemed like the kind of guy who would go for the preppies.
adjetivo (preppier, preppiest)
Of or typical of a pupil or graduate of an expensive prep school, especially with reference to their neat style of dress: the preppy look
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- He looked much like my friends with the preppy style.
- It runs like an upmarket American holiday camp, with a 100% preppy house-party atmosphere.
- Even though I had enjoyed high school, in the eyes of my white, rich, preppy peers, I was as an outcast.
Palabras que riman con preppyGiuseppe, peppy
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: preppy
Definición de preppy en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda