Long-sightedness caused by loss of elasticity of the lens of the eye, occurring typically in middle and old age.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- A number of changes occur in the eye as you grow older, but most experts agree that a hardening of your lens causes presbyopia.
- The theory is that presbyopia occurs because the lens becomes too large, not too hard but too large.
- This is another option for people with presbyopia, in which you use a lens with the reading prescription in one eye and a lens with the distance prescription in the other eye.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- If you had good, uncorrected vision before becoming presbyopic, you may be able to use nonprescription, over-the-counter reading glasses.
- Those who are farsighted and prematurely presbyopic may indeed be candidates for this procedure but not most aviators.
- I spend way too much time online, reading most of my news on a computer where my presbyopic vision is aided by bright contrast and the ability to make fonts larger.
Late 18th century: modern Latin, from Greek presbus 'old man' + ōps, ōp- 'eye'.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: pres¦by|opia
Definición de presbyopia en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda