- 1Produce or maintain raised pressure artificially in (a gas or its container): the mixture was pressurized to 1,900 atmospheres (as adjective pressurized) a pressurized canMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Methanol fuel cells can work off small, nonpressurized cartridges of the liquid while hydrogen-fuelled PEFCs require pressurized hydrogen gas.
- And of course, pressurizing the gas requires the input of more energy.
- We use the largest expanding foam kit available: two five gallon pressurized containers.
- 1.1Maintain a tolerable atmospheric pressure in (an aircraft cabin) at a high altitude: (as adjective pressurized) a pressurized cabinMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Both the Fokker F27 and the Fokker 50 aircraft have pressurised cabins allowing them to fly above weather conditions and providing a smoother flight.
- Stay off planes for at least 13 hours after diving: Even pressurized cabins in commercial aircraft can bring on decompression sickness, i.e., the dreaded bends.
- If the cabin is pressurized, do not descend at a rate exceeding the value calculated by the flight engineer, and either adjust automatic pilot for descent or turn it OFF.
- 2 [with object] Attempt to persuade or coerce (someone) into doing something: don’t let anyone pressurize you into snap decisions [with object and infinitive]: people had been pressurized to voteMás ejemplos en oraciones
coerce, pressure, press, push, persuade, influence, force, squeeze, bulldoze, hound, harass, nag, harry, badger, goad, prod, pester, browbeat, brainwash, bully, bludgeon, intimidate, dragoon, twist someone's arm, strong-arm; use pressure on, put pressure on, lean on, prevail on; North American blackjack• informal railroad, put the screws/squeeze on
- It is vital that the clergy's attempts to pressurise politicians are rebuffed.
- This gives the family enough time to pressurize the girl and influence the nature of the statement she gives.
- Patients, their families and relatives will also be asked to pressurise local politicians to force the Government to halt the cutbacks.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- And if the light came on, it wouldn't want to go to a higher altitude because if that door was open, you would not get the pressurization.
- We flew 10,000 ft - no pressurisation and frequently through weather - not above it.
- There are 37 passenger lifts, some of which cost more than US $2 million and have aerodynamic bodies, pressurisation and emergency braking systems.