- He said that quality consistency guaranteed additional prestige for Bulgaria.
- You will increase your influence and prestige through contact with politicians.
- If you desire and are willing to work for it, you can achieve enormous success, prestige, and fame.
- Burglars also discovered prestige cars fetched a better price than televisions, videos or hi-fis.
- He would take orders for luxury SUVs and top of the line prestige cars from them and have them stolen in Miami.
- Power delivery apart, these two modestly sized prestige cars have a great deal in common.
mid 17th century (in the sense 'illusion, conjuring trick'): from French, literally 'illusion, glamour', from late Latin praestigium 'illusion', from Latin praestigiae (plural) 'conjuring tricks'. The transference of meaning occurred by way of the sense 'dazzling influence, glamour', at first depreciatory.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- You can imagine what a shock it was for me to receive a letter informing me that the Association was planning to give me a prestigeful award.