Definición de presumptuous en inglés:
(Of a person or their behaviour) failing to observe the limits of what is permitted or appropriate: I hope I won’t be considered presumptuous if I offer some advice
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- And I'm presumptuous enough to assume that people might actually take the time to misunderstand me.
- I guess I'm not presumptuous enough to declare how it turned out for me.
- Beware of a thankless and presumptuous person who expects too much from you without contributing himself in any way.
brazen, overconfident, arrogant, egotistical, overbold, bold, audacious, pert, forward, familiar, impertinent, fresh, free, insolent, impudent, cocksure;
overhasty, hasty, premature, previous, precipitate, impetuous
North American informal sassy
archaic presumptive, assumptive
- Example sentences
- To quote Beckett in this way, to quote the final, self-consuming lines of one of his more insular works as a preface to one's own work, is almost presumptuously audacious.
- So it is no exaggeration to say that what we presumptuously call ‘Western’ culture is owed in large measure to the Andalusian enlightenment.
- More presumptuously, they believe they have the right to deploy words like ‘democracy’ and ‘socialism’.
- Example sentences
- But, having admitted all that, there is one thing that the Europeans do know and can put forward without presumptuousness: It is that power does not necessarily lead to victory.
- His presumptuousness is reflected in his opening moves and extreme appointments, which pour more salt on racial wounds.
- The fact that their followers themselves do not have the intelligence to exercise even only the right of suffrage makes the presumptuousness much more ridiculous.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan