A crisp biscuit baked in the form of a knot or stick and flavoured with salt.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- And I can't think of any better vehicle for crunchy grains of coarse salt than pretzels.
- The plain, salted pretzels weren't ready, but ones stuffed with either cheese or apple cinnamon were available.
- Should they add hard pretzels and pretzel sticks to their repertoire?
verbo (pretzels, pretzeling, pretzeled)[with object] North American
Twist, bend, or contort: he found the snake pretzeled into a tangle of knots
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Among the favorite groups to clothe, house and take on a ride are bendable figures with extended limbs that can be ‘pretzeled’ into the most unlikely poses.
- How does he pretzel himself into that machine, anyway?
- As she curls up in her chair like a Siamese, I feel my hips press up against the arm rests and wonder where she's finding all that extra space to pretzel her body into feline folds.
Mid 19th century (originally US): from German Pretzel.
Definición de pretzel en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda