- A wind from the direction that is predominant or most usual at a particular place or season: the trees all leaned inland, away from the prevailing wind prevailing westerly winds spread acid rain across the countryMás ejemplos en oraciones
- As for the wind dispersion, the prevailing winds are mostly easterly.
- Coral islands are usually a fairly standard shape, roughly circular or elliptical, curving this way or that on the surrounding reef according to the direction of the prevailing winds.
- The North Atlantic is unusually salty, because the location of mountains and the direction of prevailing winds lead to the export of water vapor from the Atlantic to the Pacific Ocean.
Más definiciones de prevailing windDefinición de prevailing wind en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.