Definición de prevention en inglés:
The action of stopping something from happening or arising: crime prevention the treatment and prevention of AIDS
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- He said police would be working in the community this month to highlight issues such as crime prevention.
- She said officers would have advised the owners on what crime prevention measures they could take.
- She said that it was up to the community to take a greater role in crime prevention.
prevention is better than cure (or US an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure)
- proverb It’s easier to stop something happening in the first place than to repair the damage after it has happened.Oraciones de ejemplo
- Remember, prevention is better than cure and is much cheaper both in terms of hardware damage/replacement and lost production due to data loss.
- While council officials are not unduly worried they are nonetheless taking the view that prevention is better than cure, especially if the hot weather continues for the rest of August.
- We believe that prevention is better than cure, and we keep up with latest technology and colours to find the best for our customers.
Palabras que riman con preventionabstention, apprehension, ascension, attention, circumvention, comprehension, condescension, contention, contravention, convention, declension, detention, dimension, dissension, extension, gentian, hypertension, hypotension, intention, intervention, invention, mention, misapprehension, obtention, pension, prehension, recension, retention, subvention, supervention, suspension, tension
Definición de prevention en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda