- The action of stopping something from happening or arising: crime prevention the treatment and prevention of AIDSMás ejemplos en oraciones
- He said police would be working in the community this month to highlight issues such as crime prevention.
- She said officers would have advised the owners on what crime prevention measures they could take.
- She said that it was up to the community to take a greater role in crime prevention.
prevention is better than cure (or US an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure)
- • proverb It’s easier to stop something happening in the first place than to repair the damage after it has happened.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Remember, prevention is better than cure and is much cheaper both in terms of hardware damage/replacement and lost production due to data loss.
- While council officials are not unduly worried they are nonetheless taking the view that prevention is better than cure, especially if the hot weather continues for the rest of August.
- We believe that prevention is better than cure, and we keep up with latest technology and colours to find the best for our customers.
Más definiciones de preventionDefinición de prevention en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.