sustantivo (plural primordia /-dɪə/)Biology
- An organ, structure, or tissue in the earliest stage of development: the primordium of the pituitary the axils of the leaf primordiaMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Although mitoses were still detected in leaf primordia of that stage, cell differentiation had already started.
- In flowers, both genes are expressed throughout inflorescence and floral meristems and in developing organ primordia.
- The development is initiated as a hyphal knot of 0.2 mm or less in diameter, which rapidly develops into a tiny primordium containing the rudimentary tissues of the future pileus and stipe.
late 19th century: from Latin, neuter of primordius 'original', from primus 'first' + ordiri 'begin'.
Más definiciones de primordiumDefinición de primordium en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.