Definición de primrose en inglés:
1A European plant of woodland and hedgerows, which produces pale yellow flowers in the early spring.
- Primula vulgaris, family Primulaceae (the primrose family). This family also includes the cowslip, pimpernels, and cyclamens
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Around this time of year, there is a good show of daffodils, tulips, primroses, primula, helibores orientalis and other spring flowers.
- Spring flowers - celandines, primroses, violets, wood anemones - were followed by pyramid and early purple orchids, wild thyme and rockrose.
- The Cowslip Count took place in the spring of 2000 and we received data on over 2,000 places around the UK where cowslips, primroses and false oxlips are growing.
1.1 (also primrose yellow) [mass noun] A pale yellow colour: old-fashioned tones of primrose and lavender [as modifier]: primrose-yellow paintwork
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- If you walk around the historic districts of Willemstad - Punda, Otrabanda, Scharloo and Pietermaai - you'll spot every hue from ochre or primrose yellow to baby blue and candyfloss pink.
- ‘The colour is primrose yellow and national guidelines state that this or cream must be used for yellow lines in all conservation areas,’ a council spokeswoman reveals.
- It produces large trumpet, ivory white flowers which open a lovely pale primrose yellow, fading gradually to pure white.
- The pursuit of pleasure, especially when it is seen to bring disastrous consequences: blithely unaware of his doom, he continued down his primrose path[with allusion to Shakespeare's Hamlet i. iii. 50]Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The populace wanting a reprieve from ‘the necessities of their condition,’ he wrote, had been led down the primrose path by a mirage of well-being to which ideological conjurers had made them feel entitled.
- In the one glass, alcohol can stimulate the mind or lend courage to the meek; in the other, it is a primrose path to perdition.
- But pretending the budget doesn't matter is the primrose path to high taxes and poor services.
Definición de primrose en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Canadá
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en España
Muy popular en Malasia
Muy popular en Pakistán