- The forms of a verb from which all other inflected forms can be deduced, for example swim, swam, swum.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Asked to recite the principal parts of the verb ‘to eat’, the irrepressible Hyman Kaplan suggested the following: ‘eat, ate, full.’
- The stronger the principal parts of speech, the stronger the writing,’ ASNE judge Cunningham said.
- Better grammars (like Smyth) will give you that sort of information in their full discussion of the morphology of verbs; they will also give you lists of principal parts of most irregular verbs.
Más definiciones de principal partsDefinición de principal parts en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.