- Genus Pachyptila, family Procellariidae: six species
- In addition to the wandering, we also were entranced by royal and shy albatrosses, as well as Cape and giant petrels, fairy prions and fluttering shearwaters.
- It is generally accepted that the Family Procellariidae can be split into four broad groupings; the fulmars (Fulmarus), the gadfly-petrels (Pterodroma), the prions (Pachyptila) and the shearwaters (Puffinus).
- The prions currently comprise six rather similar looking species of Pachyptila prion together with the Blue Petrel.
Mid 19th century: modern Latin (former genus name), from Greek priōn 'a saw' (referring to its sawlike bill).
Palabras que riman con prionLeon, Lyons, neon Brian, cyan, Gaian, Geminian, Hawaiian, ion, iron, Ixion, lion, Lyon, Mayan, Narayan, O'Brien, Orion, Paraguayan, Ryan, scion, Uruguayan, Zion
- Twisted forms of brain proteins called prions spread the disease, making normal proteins misfold.
- The means of transmission is of particular concern because the protein nature of prions makes them extremely resistant to conventional means of disinfection and sterilization.
- For many years after their discovery as the agents of some rare neurodegenerative diseases in mammals, such as scrapie in sheep and human Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease and kuru, prions have remained a truly esoteric research topic.
1980s: by rearrangement of elements from pro(teinaceous) in(fectious particle)..
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.