- 1A woman who is head of a house of certain orders of nuns.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Benedictine authority and obedience are achieved through dialogue between a community member and her prioress in a spirit of co-responsibility.
- She's the prioress of the community now, so such matters are her responsibility.
- She was prioress of the first reformed Carmelite convent in France, and spread the teachings of the founder of the French School, Pierre de Berulle, through the movement.
- 1.1The woman who is next in rank below an abbess.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- For example, at Loudon, France, a prioress, Sister Jeanne des Anges, was part of a contagious outbreak of writhing, convulsing nuns.
Más definiciones de prioressDefinición de prioress en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.