sustantivoMedicine & Genetics
- A person serving as the starting point for the genetic study of a family.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Furthermore, all these approaches are unable to handle trios with missing genotypic information on the proband and these families are typically excluded from the analysis.
- A genetic basis to the disorder is borne out by risk increasing with genetic proximity to the proband.
- Most data sets utilized in the study of hereditary diseases are constructed around probands, making correction for ascertainment bias necessary; this set of data is no exception.
1920s: from Latin probandus 'to be proved', gerundive of probare 'to test'.
Más definiciones de probandDefinición de proband en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.