- 1An established or official way of doing something: the police are now reviewing procedures [mass noun]: parliamentary procedureMás ejemplos en oraciones
course of action, line of action, plan of action, policy, series of steps, plan, method, system, strategy, stratagem, way, approach, formula, mechanism, methodology, MO (modus operandi), SOP (standard operating procedure), technique, means, measure, process, proceeding, operation, agenda; routine, drill, practice
- Failure to observe established safety procedures was the reason Noev gave for the incident on Sunday.
- Top Government officials said all procedures for adopting the budget had been followed properly.
- The official procedures, it seems, often work against our better interests.
- 1.1A series of actions conducted in a certain order or manner: the standard procedure for informing new employees about conditions of workMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The idea is to standardize procedures in order to avoid confusion and eliminate the many gray areas encountered in the past.
- And so, we do communicate with the vessel and we follow a set series of procedures.
- People who do well in the test are often also those who do well in exams - they're good at following a simple series of procedures.
- 1.2A surgical operation: the procedure is carried out under general anaestheticMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Tracheostomy is one of the most frequent surgical procedures carried out in critically ill patients.
- More complex surgical procedures should be carried out in hospital with full cardiac monitoring.
- It is a surgical procedure requiring general anesthesia and the use of an operating room.
- 1.3 Computing another term for subroutine.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In addition, input and output values of protected software procedures are monitored.
- The choice is between manual procedures or a simple software solution.
- It is evident that e-mail viruses have had the most profound effect on data backup procedures.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Reasons are what give an election meaning, not procedural routines and blind outcome.
- The time limit cannot be so unreasonably short that it ceases to be a procedural regulation.
- The department is not the integrated organization depicted in the procedural.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It still would have been open to the judge to use his discretion, even if procedurally things had gone along correctly.
- In practice, these strictures are often ignored - public meetings occur daily that have not been procedurally sanctioned - but they still remain official policy.
- Many regimes in today's world pay lip service to democracy while in reality adopting political processes that violate the principles of democracy, whether procedurally or substantively.
late 16th century: from French procédure, from procéder (see proceed).