- 1A series of actions or steps taken in order to achieve a particular end: military operations could jeopardize the peace processMás ejemplos en oraciones
- We the Palestinians believe in peace, the intifada has been an effort to achieve a peace process.
- He breaks every step of the process into a series of questions.
- Gap analysis of all the business processes is the first step in any e-business project.
- 1.1A natural series of changes: the ageing processMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Byatt's heroines are victims of a culture whose value-systems are prejudiced against nature and natural processes of ageing.
- Paul knew that Uncle Edward was a biochemist, and a specialist in natural processes, such as photosynthesis and cellular respiration.
- Food also provides the building blocks for the body's natural repair and maintenance processes.
- 1.2A systematic series of mechanized or chemical operations that are performed in order to produce something: the manufacturing process is relatively simpleMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Green chemistry uses cutting-edge technology to minimize the environmental impact of chemical processes, manufacturing and waste.
- We have the systems, processes, practices and skilled staff needed to operate within this environment.
- These people performed only very simple processes of production.
- 1.3 Computing An instance of a program being executed in a multitasking operating system, typically running in an environment that protects it from other processes..Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The updater applications should launch automatically once the download completes to begin the firmware update process.
- For our example, we start the two required processes on the same system.
- Unfortunately we locked up midway through the boot process.
- 1.4 [as modifier] Printing Relating to or denoting printing using ink in three colours (cyan, magenta, and yellow) and black to produce a complete range of colour: process inksMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The holder sports a gray and silver cover with four-color process printing for the back and insides.
- The deal gives them the exclusive rights to sell the MetalFX silver base and special process inks around the world
- He invented the process of four-colour process printing onto flexible plastics.
- 2 Law A summons or writ requiring a person to appear in court.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The plaintiff must issue his process and must serve it on the defendant.
- In some jurisdictions, the writ has to be served or the process has to be served before the action is brought.
- He successfully dodged Earthlink's process servers for several months until they caught up with him in February 2003.
- 3 Biology & Anatomy A natural appendage or outgrowth on or in an organism, such as a protuberance on a bone.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Triangular processes occurred in both bones of pairs 58 times from a total of 334 paired scapulae.
- These anomalies are often extra appendages or processes, and are probably most often produced by injury when the exoskeleton is soft.
- These processes of the maxilla sometimes project backward in the median plane, separating the horizontal plates from each other.
verbo[with object] Volver al principio
- 1Perform a series of mechanical or chemical operations on (something) in order to change or preserve it: the salmon is quickly processed after harvest to preserve the flavourMás ejemplos en oraciones
- That would mean the nightmare of bad smells suffered by residents during the operation of the wool processing plant could be repeated.
- He had worked for a chemicals processing company, and was also involved in sports.
- These included chemicals, various processed articles, machines and equipment.
- 1.1Deal with (someone or something) using an official procedure: the immigration authorities who processed himMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Jai Ram Bhai is just one migration lawyer in Suva who says he's processed about 5,000 emigration applications since May last year.
- It was impossible for Council officials to process that amount of work in one month.
- The driver of the jeep was arrested and brought to Navan Station where he was processed under drink-driving legislation and breathalysed.
- 1.2 Computing Operate on (data) by means of a program.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Images may be processed or stored locally, or transmitted at a lesser rate.
- The generated data may be processed through the same software used to process the real data.
- Once the data have been processed through our programs to manipulate the data and to define trip ends, two steps remain.
be in the process of doing something
- Be continuing with an action already started: I was in the process of buying a houseMás ejemplos en oraciones
- It is easy to see why she has already been the pick of several top directors and is in the process of putting together an impressive range of work.
- This has already happened in the Sudan and is in the process of happening in Algeria.
- Other respondents were in the process of strategically realigning their salary structure.
in the process
- As an unintended part of a course of action: she would make him pay for this, even if she killed herself in the processMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Of course, in the process of wanting others, we may well be found wanting by them.
- She has assured me that she will get me in the best shape of my life or kill me in the process.
- I think everyone was very relieved to find that he didn't kill anyone in the process.
in process of time
- As time goes on: daughters and sons may find themselves, in process of time, caring for their elderly parentsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- When he began his studies, he was a thoroughgoing Arminian, but in process of time, God used his doctoral studies for his conversion.
- Interested they were, however: they understood what was said to them, and in process of time came to understand all the characteristic doctrines of Evangelicalism.
- And in process of time it came to pass, that Cain brought of the fruit of the ground an offering unto The Lord.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The Semantic Web is really data that is processable by machine,’ says Berners-Lee, who is director of the MIT-based World Wide Web Consortium.’
- Typically, liquid processable organic semiconductors will oxidise rapidly, Xerox says, which makes it difficult to build such transistors in air.
- From the 1970s, the scientific focus shifted away from cellulose to the more processable biopolymer, starch.
Middle English: from Old French proces, from Latin processus 'progression, course', from the verb procedere (see proceed). Current senses of the verb date from the late 19th century.
verbo[no object, with adverbial of direction]
- Walk or march in procession: they processed down the aisleMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Upon entering the sanctuary, they processed down the aisle towards the altar, which was dimly lit with candles.
- The men trudged into the bar like polar explorers, and processed soggily towards the fire he'd just lit at the far end of the lounge.
- The priests process round the church, swinging clouds of incense.
early 19th century: back-formation from procession.