A medical instrument with an integral lamp for examining the anus and lower part of the rectum or carrying out minor medical procedures.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- To check for leaks, the surgeon at the rectal site inserts a proctoscope into the anus.
- The doctor either uses a gloved finger or an instrument called a proctoscope to check for abnormalities such as growths on the rectal wall.
- One of the main investigations is a proctoscopy, where a small telescope known as a proctoscope is passed into the anal canal.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Before scrubbing, gowning, and gloving, the surgeon usually performs a rectal examination and proctoscopy to suction out any remaining stool in the distal rectum.
- There are no specific clinical signs on general examination, but inflammation of the rectal mucosa can readily be seen at proctoscopy.
- As children are more likely to have more extensive disease they will need further investigation involving full colonoscopy anyway, regardless of findings on proctoscopy.
Late 19th century: from Greek prōktos 'anus' + -scope.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: procto|scope
Definición de proctoscope en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda