Definición de proctoscope en inglés:
A medical instrument with an integral lamp for examining the anus and lower part of the rectum or carrying out minor medical procedures.
- To check for leaks, the surgeon at the rectal site inserts a proctoscope into the anus.
- The doctor either uses a gloved finger or an instrument called a proctoscope to check for abnormalities such as growths on the rectal wall.
- One of the main investigations is a proctoscopy, where a small telescope known as a proctoscope is passed into the anal canal.
- Example sentences
- Before scrubbing, gowning, and gloving, the surgeon usually performs a rectal examination and proctoscopy to suction out any remaining stool in the distal rectum.
- There are no specific clinical signs on general examination, but inflammation of the rectal mucosa can readily be seen at proctoscopy.
- As children are more likely to have more extensive disease they will need further investigation involving full colonoscopy anyway, regardless of findings on proctoscopy.
Definición de proctoscope en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan