Pronunciación: /prəˈdjuːs /[with object]
- 1Make or manufacture from components or raw materials: the company have just produced a luxury version of the aircraftMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Other car makers have also planned to start producing Audi and Volkswagen cars in the Kingdom this year.
- Its design was said to make it safe to fly though hard to fly with skill and during its 20 years of manufacture around 9,000 were produced.
- With profits of roughly $425 million, it produces everything from car parts to fridges.
- 1.1(Of a place or process) yield, grow, or supply: the vineyards in the Val d’Or produce excellent winesMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Most of the world's wine regions produce their own sparkling wines, though none, of course, is as famous as Champagne's.
- At the extreme, the total farmed area could produce our total national energy requirement.
- Although the biggest oil market in the world produces its own crude it is also a big importer from the Middle East and South America.
- 1.2Create or form (something) as part of a physical, biological, or chemical process: the plant produces blue flowers in late autumnMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The chemical process that produces ozone can take a few hours so it tends to drift on the wind.
- As a result, the standard biological healing process produces limited results.
- That process produces plant material, nearly half of which is carbon.
- 1.3Make (something) using creative skills: the garden where the artist produced many of his flower paintingsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Entrants will be asked to use their creative skills to produce an eye-catching design to go on a promotional T-shirt.
- It makes me feel good to be supporting creative artists who produce quality work.
- You've got that creative talent, you produce the artistic goods, but what if no-one sees it or hears it?
- 2Cause (a particular result or situation) to happen or exist: no conventional drugs had produced any significant changeMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The alternative should be rejected if the result was to produce a situation in which there was discrimination on the grounds of sex.
- By the transactions I mean the acts in law that had to be effected in order to produce the end result desired.
- This faith is an effective faith that produces results!
- 3Show or provide (something) for consideration, inspection, or use: he produced a sheet of paper from his pocketMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The barrister is obliged to produce the records for inspection to an authorised revenue official at the barrister's place of work.
- He would not be suspended, provided he produced evidence of his withdrawal to police management.
- However, no witness told me that and no copy of an original form of Acknowledgment of Order was produced for my inspection.
- 4Administer the financial and managerial aspects of (a film or broadcast) or the staging of (a play, opera, etc.): the video was produced and directed by film-maker Neil CampbellMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The two concerts will be produced and broadcast live by BBC television and radio across the UK and the world.
- The show, a primetime miniseries produced by the Brazilian network O Globo, began in January.
- The documentary has been produced by DoubleBand Film Productions and is due to be shown in October.
- 4.1Supervise the making of (a musical recording), especially by determining the overall sound: the album was produced by reggae master mixer Groucho SmykleMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Only the records that Timbaland has produced sound different.
- Mick Jones has produced the two albums recorded by The Libertines, part of today's generation of angry young musicians.
- The School are in the process of producing a CD which will contain original hymns to and about St. Attracta and prayers to her and an oral account of her life.
Pronunciación: /ˈprɒdjuːs /[mass noun] Volver al principio
- 1Agricultural and other natural products collectively: dairy produceMás ejemplos en oraciones
- FAO was created for the purpose, inter alia, of improving efficiency in the production of food and agricultural produce.
- The President pleads for agricultural produce and self-sufficiency.
- At the market, women from the mountain villages spread agricultural produce under the trees.
- 1.1The result of a person’s work or efforts: the work was in some degree the produce of their joint effortsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Conservative philosophers will say that it is the right of each individual to keep the produce of his own efforts.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- A panel of experts from the industry convened to evaluate the producibility and marketability of emerging designers’ work.
- Defense acquisition programs begin product development without the appropriate level of knowledge of either the technology or the producibility of the product.
- There are several program changes that are being incorporated in the system to enhance producibility and reduce cost.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Non-conventional oil sources - heavy crudes, oil slates etc - are currently producible at between 14 and 25 dollars a barrel.
- ‘Clearly, a lot more projects are producible at these higher prices,’ says John Felmy, chief economist at the American Petroleum Institute.
- The other two legs - commercial industry and government research organizations - play key roles in turning the seeds of science into producible, deployable fruits.
late Middle English (in sense 3 of the verb): from Latin producere, from pro- 'forward' + ducere 'to lead'. Current noun senses date from the late 17th century.