verbo[no object] (often as noun profiteering)
- Make or seek to make an excessive or unfair profit, especially illegally: seven food merchants were charged with profiteeringMás ejemplos en oraciones
- US and French delegates immediately rejected the idea declaring that it could lead to smuggling and profiteering.
- He shows how desertions, profiteering, hoarding, and plunder were widespread.
- Of course, facilitators like Joe see no ethical conflict in profiteering on their connections.
sustantivoVolver al principio
- A person who profiteers: a war profiteerMás ejemplos en oraciones
- It will become even harder to swing public opinion behind humanitarian interventions if war profiteers and racist thugs are direct beneficiaries.
- The experience tilted the historical scales towards the war profiteers and the army's most successful commander - Napoleon Bonaparte.
- In a country that promotes the virtues of the free market, he died for the benefit of the war profiteers and for very little benefit to himself.