Definición de profligate en inglés:
- Unfortunately, the extent of the downswing will be proportional to boom-time excesses, and the profligate consumer sector will be forced to retrench.
- Dismissing conservation as a low priority is dangerous in that it will encourage a profligate use of natural resources and a lack of concern about the current human destruction of the Earth.
- Manifestly, America's bubble economy of the late 1990s had its center in the most profligate consumer borrowing and spending binge in history.
- The recent support for the party of Pim Fortuyn in the Netherlands has failed to quell the spirit of profligate immorality endemic to that country.
- In Northern Europe, they'll deny you a discharge if they think you ran up the original debt in a profligate or immoral fashion.
sustantivoVolver al principio
- It was believed Germans were afraid of pooling their successful monetary sovereignty with putative profligates such as, perhaps, Italy.
- The profligates that biologists call stem cells have their own secret for staying young: run away and hide in a place far from the machinations of transcription factors with an eye on your genes.
- White, blue, purple, and scarlet were the colors of the gods, priests, profligates, saints and monarchs, either in combination or singularly.
mid 16th century (in the sense 'overthrown, routed'): from Latin profligatus 'dissolute', past participle of profligare 'overthrow, ruin', from pro- 'forward, down' + fligere 'strike down'.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- The first moment of wanton profligacy came in the 51st minute.
- Of course, such profligacy amidst narrow defeat only serves to underline the qualities that set Woods apart from his competition, especially here at St Andrews.
- That impression was confirmed throughout a second half in which his side displayed a profligacy that doesn't sit well with their status as championship contenders.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- They are profligately displaying their power, including the power to abuse the House's tenuous-at-best policing of itself.
- When others consume profligately, it can actually harm society.
- He chose movie scripts profligately, appearing in lousy films just to earn money for his expensive enthusiasms.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.