Foretell or prophesy (a future event): the economists were prognosticating financial Armageddon
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The astronomical clock served not only to regularly imitate the natural motion of the sun and the heavens but also to prognosticate state affairs.
- What makes it worse is that these transient events are then used to prognosticate the future.
- They were saying we'd come out a billion on the wrong side at the end of last year and some were prognosticating that inflation would be in the region of 6%.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- So let's move it over to the soothsayer, the prognosticator of right field there at Fenway Park.
- Doug, of course, was his chief prognosticator and spiritual advisor.
- The man the Washington Post calls ‘king of election prognosticators,’ predicts Bush will win 52.8% of the popular vote.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda