Definición de prolix en inglés:
(Of speech or writing) using or containing too many words; tediously lengthy: he found the narrative too prolix and discursive
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- His argument is rather prolix - more so than my quotation shows.
- The new work is far more prolix, diffuse, and ultimately self-indulgent.
- Burns was an accomplished practitioner of quadruple-speak, the prolix art of sounding profound and saying nothing at great length.
lengthy, long-winded, long-drawn-out, overlong, prolonged, protracted, interminable, laborious, ponderous, endless, unending, verbose, wordy, full of verbiage, verbal, diffuse, discursive, digressive, rambling, wandering, circuitous, meandering, maundering, periphrastic, circumlocutory
- Example sentences
- He was acutely aware of the problems of prolixity and worked hard to prune his original drafts, but his interest in minute analysis led inevitably to an expansive style.
- Redundancy of subjects and prolixity of expression accompany the mammoth and tedious labours which otherwise are expounded with extraordinary effort and concentration.
- The text exhibits a remarkable prolixity, considering that it is only 284 words long.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan