Definición de prolix en inglés:
(Of speech or writing) using or containing too many words; tediously lengthy: he found the narrative too prolix and discursive
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- His argument is rather prolix - more so than my quotation shows.
- The new work is far more prolix, diffuse, and ultimately self-indulgent.
- Burns was an accomplished practitioner of quadruple-speak, the prolix art of sounding profound and saying nothing at great length.
lengthy, long-winded, long-drawn-out, overlong, prolonged, protracted, interminable, laborious, ponderous, endless, unending, verbose, wordy, full of verbiage, verbal, diffuse, discursive, digressive, rambling, wandering, circuitous, meandering, maundering, periphrastic, circumlocutory
- Example sentences
- He was acutely aware of the problems of prolixity and worked hard to prune his original drafts, but his interest in minute analysis led inevitably to an expansive style.
- Redundancy of subjects and prolixity of expression accompany the mammoth and tedious labours which otherwise are expounded with extraordinary effort and concentration.
- The text exhibits a remarkable prolixity, considering that it is only 284 words long.