- A concert of classical music at which a part of the audience stands in an area without seating, for which tickets are sold at a reduced price. The most famous series of such concerts is the annual BBC Promenade Concerts (known as the Proms), instituted by Sir Henry Wood in 1895.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- At 10, she played at the World Harp Congress in Paris, and at 11 she became the youngest member of the National Youth Orchestra of Great Britain to perform in a BBC promenade concert at Royal Albert Hall.
- Heathrow Air traffic controllers altered the approach run to coincide with the beginning of a promenade concert at Chiswick House.
- These were copied from the promenade concerts and waltz nights of Johann Strauss, who was performing three times a night in Vienna by 1830 and then toured Europe.
Más definiciones de promenade concertDefinición de promenade concert en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.